Masera lies on the plains of Domodossola and has a wealth of archaeological artefacts from Roman times.
At the entrance to the village, situated on a cliff, is the old parish church of San Abbondio with its Roman bell tower.
The parish church of San Martino and the Oratorium San Rocco with its precious frescoes from 1402 are also worth a mention.
The area is characterised by numerous villas and country houses. These bear witness to a period when the residents of Masera successfully sought their fortune in faraway locales.