The small villages contain examples of major artworks. Of the many frescoes in Orcesco, one from 1649 depicts the Madonna of Re.
In Gagnone is the San Giulio chapel, which is now used for secular purposes and houses the postcard museum. Very close by is the Cappella dell’Addio with paintings by Giovan Battista Ciolina. People once used to say goodbye to their loved ones here before emigrating to far off places.
This is also the location of the Giardino di Montaga, a sculpture park dedicated to the works of Giancarlo Sangregorio. A study centre devoted to the artist is situated nearby and other works of his are kept here.